IN THIS GUIDE
Order Desk can connect to your Volusion account and download your orders then send tracking numbers back to your cart as order shipments are added.
This guide explains how to set up and use the Volusion integration in Order Desk.
Before connecting Volusion to Order Desk, please keep in mind that regular Volusion passwords need to be changed every 8-12 weeks. Once changed, the connection with Order Desk will no longer work.
To be able to use Volusion with Order Desk, you will need to create an account for API usage. As long as you never login, you won't be prompted to change the password. Follow these instructions for enabling the connection.
In Order Desk, click on Manage Integrations under the Integrations menu in the left sidebar. Under the Shopping Carts tab, find and enable Volusion.
To finish the connection, follow these steps:
- go into your Volusion store management panel and click on Inventory > Import/Export.
- Select Volusion API from the menu and click the Run button next to Generic\Orders.
- Click the next orange Run button and copy the full download URL.
- Paste the URL into the Volusion integration settings in Order Desk then click to connect.
Once connected, you can set your integration preferences.
Check for New Orders
Select how often you want Order Desk to look for and download new orders from Volusion.
Order Status to Import
Choose the status for orders that should be downloaded.
Folder for New Orders
Select the folder where newly imported orders from Volusion should be placed.
For more information, see the Working with Folders guide.
Sync Tracking Numbers
Enable to have Order Desk send shipment information back to Volusion as tracking numbers and shipment details are added to the orders in Order Desk.
If enabled, the customer will receive an email with the tracking information from Volusion.
If you need to, you can add a prefix of your choice that will be added to all orders downloaded from Volusion.
If you need to manually download orders, click the Import button in the Volusion integration settings. This will download the most recent 100 orders in the New status.
- Order Desk can only download the first 100 orders. If your store has higher volume, you’ll need to move orders out of the targeted status once they have been picked up by Order Desk.
- The Volusion API does not provide email addresses with the orders.
- Volusion API access is not available for stores on Volusion's Plus plan. You must be on Volusion's Pro, Premium, Gold, or Platinum plan to access Volusion’s API.