Is Order Desk Down?
IN THIS GUIDE
In the event that you're unable to reach Order Desk or the Order Desk app, there are a couple of steps you can take to verify what the cause may be. Here are some common culprits that can be easy to identify.
Is There an Outage?
This would be the simplest thing to check for. In the event of an outage, we will always give our customers a heads up on social media through our Twitter handle, @OrderDeskRules. If our team has identified an outage or we have any scheduled maintenance coming up, we'll tweet out this information along with any updates once everything is back up and running.
We also have a handy status page, which will report any current downtime as well as our most recent uptime history.
Check Your Browser
Sometimes there will be a problem with a specific web browser, either because of something occurring within the browser itself or due to a third-party extension or add-on being used. Check the following:
- Does this persist after clearing your browser's cache? Occasionally a browser's cache can come into conflict with a website and can cause some unexpected behavior, so clearing it out will completely reload the Order Desk app the next time you access it. If you're not sure how to do this, here are some quick links that may help:
- Do you have any browser extensions/add-ons enabled? Any third-party customizations added to your browser (ad blockers, rewards programs, etc.) can potentially come into conflict with websites you use on a daily basis, even if the add-on isn't intended to be used with the website you're viewing. Those extensions are still running on the page even if it doesn't look like it, so you may want to try disabling them temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.
- Are you able to load Order Desk in a different browser program? If you're not having any success with the browser you're currently using, try using an alternate program like Chrome or Firefox. You shouldn't have to switch to them permanently, but for testing purposes this will either tell you whether it's happening with any web browser on your computer or if it's an isolated problem.
Check Your Local Network
If you've ruled out your browser software as the culprit, the next step would be to look into any issues that may be affecting your network connection.
- If you're able to do so, try restarting your router and/or modem to see if that does the trick. If your network is being hindered by some type of connection problem, it may be resolved through a complete restart.
- Another quick way to verify whether or not the issue is being caused by your network would be to try accessing Order Desk through your phone's mobile browser. Make sure the phone is disconnected from your wifi before doing this, so that you're using your cellular network instead. If Order Desk is inaccessible through both networks, then this likely indicates an issue on our end.
- You can also use a third-party website like Down.com to determine whether Order Desk may be down for everyone else as well, as it will check to see if a particular site is down on your behalf.
Still Need Help?
If you've exhausted all of the above and you're still unable to access Order Desk, go ahead and contact us directly so we can assist you further.